It is extremely important to monitor what is being said about you in the huge sphere we know as the internet. Likely, for us there are a number of great tools available to help us be able to do this. Below are a listing of some great tools that will assist you in monitoring what is being said about you personally as well as your organization/institution.
Useful Tools for Monitoring Your International Presence
· Tweetdeck – http://www.tweetdeck.com– my personal favorite – let’s you monitor multiple Twitter accounts at one time as well as search for keywords
· HootSuite – http://hootsuite.com– great for scheduling Tweets
· Google Alerts - http://www.google.com/alerts - highly recommended tool – allows you to received notifications when items are posted on the internet about you or your organization/institution
· Google Reader - http://www.google.com/reader- great tool for being able to read all of your Alerts in one place.
· Social Mention - http://www.socialmention.com/ - like Google Alerts but for social media
· Addict-o-Matic - http://addictomatic.com/ - let’s you create a keyword social media search
· Tribe Monitor - https://www.tribemonitor.com/ - allows you to measure your presence on social media.
I hope you find some of these useful and use at least one of these to monitor your international social media presence.
This blog is all about social media. I hope to offer tips, tricks, advice and more on using social media within international education and international travel.